A famous writer was in his study room. He picked up his pen and started writing:
1. Last year, I had a surgery and my gallbladder was removed. I had to stay stuck to the bed due to this surgery for a long time.
2. The same year I reached the age of 60 years and had to give up my favourite job in the Publishing company in which I had spent 30 years of my life
3. The same year I experienced the sorrow of the death of my father.
4. And in the same year my son failed in his medical exams because he had a car accident. He had to stay in bed at hospital with the cast on for several days. The destruction of car was another loss.
At the end he wrote: “Alas! It was such bad year!!”
When the writer’s wife entered the room, she found her husband looking sad, lost in his thoughts.
From behind his back, she read what was written on the paper, left the room silently and came back with another paper which she placed on the side of her husband’s writing.
The husband found the following written on the paper:
1. Last year I finally got rid of my gall bladder due to which I had spent years in pain.
2. I turned 60 with sound health and got retired from my job. Now I can utilize my time to write something better with more focus and peace.
3. The same year my father, at the age of 95, without depending on anyone or without any critical condition met his Creator.
4. The same year, God blessed my son with a new life. My car was destroyed but my son stayed alive without getting any disability.
At the end she wrote: “Last year was an immense blessing of God and it passed well!!”
See! The same incidents but different viewpoints!!
In our daily lives, we must realize that:
1. It is not happiness that makes us grateful but it is gratefulness that makes us happy
2. There is always, always, always something to be thankful for!
3. Your current position is somebody’s future expectation.
4. Your life now is somebody’s prayer request.
5. Don’t let the devil point at you that somebody is doing better than you. It is a recipe for ingratitude and unhappiness
6. Anything you celebrate multiplies and anything you despise diminishes.
7. Appreciation is the vehicle for acceleration.
8. Gratitude is the lift to great altitude.
9. To see and possess what God will do, you must acknowledge and be grateful for what God has done.
Be grateful always
0 I recommend this