Dr D. K. O (Dr DANIEL
Here are some 23 quick facts you
must know about Dr D. K.
1. Dr. D. K. Olukoya was born in Akure, Ondo State
2. His full name is Daniel kolawole
3. The name of his father is Mr.
Olukoya, a Police Officer and his
mother, Mrs. Olukoya, a trader
4. He is married to Sade Olukoya
(nee Adesanya), a talented artist
5. Dr. D. K. Olukoya is a Pastor,
Author, Televangelist, and a
6. His first school was St. John’s CAC Primary School, Akure,
where he was recognized as an
exceptionally intelligent child
coming tops throughout his stay
at the school.
7. His family later moved to Lagos and he attended St. Jude’s
Primary School, Ebute Metta,
Lagos and Methodist Boy’s High
8. He became born again while in
the secondary school and also met an Indian teacher who once told
them “Boys, if you want to
escape poverty, READ YOUR
BOOK!” DKO followed the advice
and he started studying from 9
pm to 3 am. He became the best graduating student of his set.
9. In 1976, he gained admission to
the University of Lagos (UNILAG)
to study Microbiology. He
graduated from UNILAG in 1980
with a first-class degree in Microbiology. He was the first
person to have achieved a first-
class in the course at the
University and his G.P.A is still the
highest recorded so far (as at
February 2010) in that course.
10. Soon after graduating from
UNILAG, he won a scholarship to
study for a Doctor of Philosophy
(Ph.D.) degree in Molecular
Genetics at the University of
Reading, United Kingdom.
11. Despite difficulties, DKO
earned his Ph.D. in 3 years and
returned to Nigeria.
12. When he returned to Nigeria,
he joined the Nigerian Institute of
Medical Research (NIMR), Yaba.
13. He has published over 70
scientific papers in a short span (a
remarkable feat by any
14. He also taught Genetics and
was an external examiner in a number of universities.
15. Moreover, he has attended
and presented papers at scientific
conferences in almost all
continents of the world.
16. He still contributes to the field of genetics and biotechnology
through the Daniel & Fola
Biotechnology, an NGO established
to train Nigerian Citizens in
molecular biology and
17. Dr. D. K. Olukoya established
Mountain of Fire and Miracles
Ministries (MFM) in 1989.
18. Beside his Father being a
Police Officer, he was a Pastor of
Christ Apostolic Church where DKO also attended with him at the
19. DKO’s ministry is heavily
influenced by the work of the late
Apostle Joseph Ayodele Babalola,
the founder of the CAC church.
20. In the dedication pages of the
Prayer Rain and Prayer Passport
books, DKO writes of Apostle
Babalola: “Apostle Joseph
Ayodele Babalola was a minister
of God who understood the power of prayer. He was a man mightily
used by God to ignite the fire of
the first Christian revival in
Nigeria in the 1930s. Brother J.A.
and his team of aggressive
prayer warriors entered forbidden forests, silenced
demons that demanded worship
and paralysed deeply rooted,
anti-gospel activities. Sometimes,
beginning from the highest places,
they openly disgraced satanic agents, emptied hospitals by the
healing power of the Lord Jesus
Christ, rendered witchdoctors
jobless, and they started the first
indigenous Holy Ghost filled
church in Nigeria. So far – and we stand to be corrected – none has
equalled, let alone surpassed this
humble brother in the field of
aggressive evangelism in this
21. The works of Dr. Daniel Olukoya are published by the
Battle Cry Christian Ministries.
These published works include
over 250 life-changing Christian
books (as at July 2015), audio
tapes and CDs, video discs and more.
22. DKO and his wife Sade waited
for 15 years before the Lord
answered their cry for a child.
23. He married his wife Sade, in
1986 and they have a son named Elijah Toluwani.
247 total views, 2 views today